How About Some Nutritious High Protein ‘Ice Cream’?
Blueberry Banana Frozen Protein Yoghurt “Ice Cream”
We like ice cream. We just don’t like to look like we do. Although tasty, this recipe probably won’t yield the best gourmet ice cream that you’ve ever tasted. The ingredients it contains are healthy and won’t extend your waistline or give you a heart attack, either.
(approx. 8 ½-cup servings)
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup plain Greek yoghurt*
- 2 scoops Molecular Dynamics vanilla PROTON protein powder
- ¾ cup frozen blueberries
- In blender or food processor, blend bananas, yogurt, protein powder until smooth.
- Add the blueberries to blender a bit at a time, pulsing until combined but still chunky.
- Cover and put in freezer for a few hours.
- Optional: for an extra nutrition punch, mix some ground coconut in and top with chia seeds or milled flax seeds. Prefer lower fat? Use low fat or nonfat Greek style yoghurt.
Per ½-cup serving, using Full Fat Yoghurt (these values are approximate and will depend on quantity and nature of ingredients).